Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Task # 9 & 10 - Tagging

This task took me some time to really investigate this 'tagging" and understand how I might use it. After viewing the tutorial, I had a little help from my friend, the Lie-berry Police!

What I discovered so far, is that I use all of these different tasks to somehow further my career and interests in antique quilts, reproduction & vintage textiles and things of that nature. So, of course, I went and set up a Del.icio.us account and promptly tagged 3 antique quilt sites that I routinely use for obtaining comps in the market when I am doing quilt appraisals for my clients.

My favorite one of course, is Rocky Mountain Quilts. http://www.rockymountainquilts.com
This company was started by Betsey Telford who is from the Grand Valley and lived and started her shop and restoration business in Palisade approx. 20 years ago. When I started working for RMQ in 2004, Betsey had already relocated to Maine and moved her retail shop there (everything "important" in the antique quilt world really happens back east, you know!). The restoration part of her business was still in Palisade until it closed in the spring of 2006 and was relocated to Maine as well. This is when I went out on my own and strated doing quilt restoration for clients and searching the web for vintage textiles to begin building up my inventory. Incidentally, Betsey has the largest collection of vintage textiles in the entire United States outside of any museum! WOW! It was truely a gift to work for her business and learn so much about 18th & 19th century textiles.

Now that I understand tagging, I think that I will use this more in the future when I need to organize and keep track of all the historical quilting sites I frequent.

No comments: