Sunday, November 4, 2007

Quilt Lecture, Sat., 11/17/07

Just wanted to post something on my blog about my upcoming lecture for Mesa State's Adult Education center. It is a 3 hour lecture on "A brief history of American Quilting, 1776-1950" You can check out all the details on how to register on my website:

www.laurashome.biz

I will present a pictorial history as well as feature several quilts from 1790 to 1950 and many vintage textile samples from about 1850 to 1930.

I am really excited about this lecture and looking forward to a great class. Check out this creepy "Graveyard Quilt" made in 1835, notice the coffins in the center....I'll talk about the history of this quilt and many others in my lecture.

3 comments:

Lie-Berry Police said...

BuLB,
When are you going to get your site up to assist us lazy people in our Christmas shopping? You have tons of great stuff girlfriend, lets show it off.
Miss you
Lie-Berry Police

LibraryLady said...

I second that!!!! Need to get shoppin'!
:)

BLuB said...

That is all up to my husband, and he has been quite busy lately. Don't think the site will be ready for this holiday season. Sorry :( email me if you have some thoughts however, and I'll see what I can do for you!