Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Task # 7 & 8 - RSS Feeds


I had already done this task before I knew it was a task for the Webolution. There is a website I visit frequently called http://www.reproductionfabrics.com/ and they have RSS feeds from their site. When I was telling my husband about this, he's like "What kind of breaking news can there be from the world of vintage fabric reproductions?" Plenty of things,....like, what kinds of period fabrics are being reproduced lately, and,...I don't know, lots of things! Well, I signed up for 2 RSS feeds, that come into my Yahoo page, and they are the "Best of the New" and their regular Newsletter which has lots of historical dating information on fabrics. For someone like me who does Antique Quilt Restoration and Appraisals, this could be very important stuff you know!

I also do lectures for local quilt guilds and sometimes do craft shows. Here's a couple of pictures of my "products and quilts" from the last show I did was at Two Rivers Convention Center last Christmas.

My next engagement is at the Chautauqua Festival later this September, sponsored by the Museum of the West and will be held at Cross Orchards Living History Farm on North Ave. The Theme is "1776" so I will have a short talk about quilting from that time period, with several antique quilt samples, and an actual French Toile quilt, c. 1790. My part will be on Sat. September 29th from 1-3 p.m. in the "Women's Crafts" tent.
Not sure when I'll do another craft show, but probably not until 2008. My husband designed a fantastic brochure for my quilt restoration work and is currently working on my website and getting all of my products online. If you can stop by my office at the Library, I rotate antique quilts on my walls. Come check 'em out, and stop for a piece of candy too!

3 comments:

LibraryLady said...

Great photos of your cats, dog and quilts! You do keep busy, don't you?!

Nancy T said...

Could you be more incredibly talented?! Wow!

nonnienonnie said...

I am in love with the repro-fabrics site, I could spend a pile o'money there (if I had an available,unclaimed pile,that is). You do a lot of neato things, for sure.