Just this afternoon, I was having a conversation with Carol & Shana and I was telling them about when I had Pneumonia as a teenager. Then I came back to my office and started to work on this exercise for the Library's Webolution, so I thought I better look up Pneumonia on the Consumer Health database the library has, so that I could remember what kind of Pneumonia I had. After reading the sytems and how I was treated for this illness from the database info, I discovered that I probably had "Atypical Pneumonia (Mycoplasma and Viral) (Walking Pneumonia)"
Definition:
Atypical pneumonia is a lung infection. “Typical pneumonia” is a severe illness. It is usually caused by bacteria such as Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, or Klebsiellae pneumoniae . Typical pneumonia tends to strike older individuals, especially those with heart or lung conditions. In contrast, Atypical pneumonia tends to be a milder illness. It is caused by a different assortment of bacteria or viruses, and it usually strikes healthy young people.
Here's a link to the information and all the details I got from our awesome database at the Library:
http://web.ebscohost.com/chc/detail?vid=3&hid=107&sid=dad88046-c38e-4e5e-b9cd-3d499580d3d2%40sessionmgr3
It is very thorough and really helped me to figure out what kind of Pneumonia I probably had at 17 yrs. old!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Leave it to you to have something that's Atypical.
yeah, yeah,....that's me, the attention hog!
Post a Comment